PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - This And That

mtj
6.3.16, 10:29 AM
1. What is something weird you used to do as a child or teenager?

2. What is your strangest scar and how did you get it?

3. If you could call yourself five years ago and had 30 seconds, what would you say?

4. If you could live in a book, movie or TV show, what would it be? (Think Pleasantville)

5. If you could change (or get rid of) one law, what would it be?

Weekend plans?

KrisMich
6.3.16, 11:35 AM
I was a daydreamer and since I am an only child, I used to daydream that I had a younger brother named, Michael.

I still have a scar on my knee that I have always hated. It's a shade lighter than my skin tone and about the size of a quarter. I fell off my bike on the pavement and slid on my knee. The scrape was so bad that I couldn't bend my knee for about a week.

3. If you could call yourself five years ago and had 30 seconds, what would you say?
"Brace yourself. You are in for the most difficult time of your life." It was about five years ago when mom's health issues started to decline.

4. If you could live in a book, movie or TV show, what would it be? (Think Pleasantville)
"Days of Our Lives." Everyone is beautiful in Salem and no matter how old you get, you still get to date the handsome younger men. Plus, you have high paying jobs and never go to work. And, chances are, if you die you're not really dead and will return to Salem one day.

This whole transgender restroom issue. It has caused so much uproar and I'm sick of hearing about it. And it's not about the transgender people, it's about the creeps that will take advantage of this law and enter a women's restroom to get their jollies.

Weekend plans? It's going to be 110 degrees here tomorrow. There is a theater that shows slightly older movies for $1.50. There are a few there that I have not seen yet and I plan on spending the better part of the day there. I figure I can see 3 movies for under $5 and enjoy the nice cool air.

Agent99
6.3.16, 11:50 AM
Where do I begin? I was so OC/DC that I had a ton of "safe" things to do. I also used to pretend that I had an invisible Collie and an invisible horse. I used to walk down the street with my hands out like I was holding the dog's leash and the horses reins. I was weird.

I have a scar on my shin that I got when I fell off my bike and the kick stand holder scrapped up my shin. It's like a smile.

Don't eat so much! Buy stock in Facebook.

I would want to be Katharine Hepburn in "The Philadelphia Story." Rich. Beautiful. Beautiful home. Fun friends and I'd get to sleep with Cary Grant every night!

Like Kris, I'm having a hard time with all of this transgender bathroom stuff. I hate how 99.9 percent of the population has to bow down to less than one percent. And it leaves a lot of wiggle room for the perverts.

Weekend plans?
Enjoying the summer weather! The annual carnival is in town so we'll walk over there and hang out with the neighborhood kids. We saw The Killers last night in Windsor. It was awesome! The border was crazy and they delayed the show 30 minutes to allow for the Americans to get there. Ha ha!!

boo1
6.4.16, 6:40 AM
My best friend and I would make out with support beams (steel poles) in my basement.
We pretended they were our boyfriends. We would fight over who got the pole at the end of the steps because you could kind of swing off the steps and have a dramatic kiss. The other pole was in the middle of the basement and you just couldn't get that dramatic with him, I mean it. :) How's that for weird?

My left knee is darker from a bad fall a few years ago. The whole knee was scraped.

I would tell myself to get my little brother to a doctor. I would try my best to get him to stop smoking.

My husband and I have talked about this-MAYBERRY.

5. If you could change (or get rid (http://www.coffeerooms.com/bb/#) of) one law, what would it be?
Agreed, The bathroom law.

Weekend plans? Helping care for my daughter and grandson. She fell thurday night and hurt her ankle. It's the size of a grapefruit on one side. I think it might be broken she feels like it is just a bad sprain. She couldn't put any pressure on the foot. My brother rounded up some crutches and wraps for her. I took care of her and my grandson yesterday. Her husband wanted her to go to the ER last night but she wanted to see how she felt today.

Agent99
6.4.16, 9:26 AM
Boo wins!! The steel pole make out sessions is one of the weirdest things I have ever heard!!

Jenigirl
6.4.16, 11:58 AM
1. What is something weird you used to do as a child or teenager? I used to be really OCD about stuff, like knocking on wood and I had to knock so many times until it felt safe. Or if shoes weren't sitting upright I would have to fix them - I still do that though, just not as obsessive about it.

2. What is your strangest scar and how did you get it? It is a sun shape like kids draw, circle with lines all around, and it's on my ankle. When I was 9 months old I had to have surgery and they put my IV in my ankle to try and avoid it moving around a lot, didn't work, hence the scar.

3. If you could call yourself five years ago and had 30 seconds, what would you say? Lose the weight dammit!!

4. If you could live in a book, movie or TV show, what would it be? (Think Pleasantville) Little House on the Prairie for sure. I still dream of living in those times.

5. If you could change (or get rid of) one law, what would it be? Stand Your Ground, too many people use it to get out of violence.

Weekend plans? Heading into the pool shortly. Tomorrow if it's not raining, I will be going to my sister's and heading to the beach.

Agent99
6.4.16, 1:07 PM
May I also suggest you go shopping for new jeans? Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

mtj
6.5.16, 8:43 AM
Boo, all due respect, but with all that pole experience, you would have made a great stripper. :pinkyz:

Interesting choices about what show to live in and the laws people would change. I was surprised no one mentioned legalizing marijuana. The vast amount of police time and use of our legal system (both of which equal higher taxes) seems a huge waste of time.

Agent99
6.5.16, 9:17 AM
I think because everyone who partakes in a little "wacky tobacky" has no trouble getting it. Ha!

boo1
6.6.16, 6:35 PM
Yeah it's pretty clear, I ain't no size two
But I can shake it, shake it like I'm supposed to do
'Cause I got that boom boom that all the boys chase
All the right junk in all the right places

I missed my calling. :P

Legalizing marijuana-I guess I didn't think of it because everyone and their brother grow it in their backyards.

mtj
6.7.16, 7:03 AM
Oh Boo, you did NOT just quote Megan Traynor.

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx336/cdennstedt/BE%20Message%20Board%20Pics/Emoticons/notlistening.gif

Agent99
6.7.16, 9:20 AM
Right. I don't know anyone who has a hard time getting weed when they want it. My friend's 88 year old father was just prescribed medical marijuana. It comes in a pill form. No fun.

Agent99
6.7.16, 9:21 AM
I love that song!! It's fun.