PDA

View Full Version : Reach Out And Touch, Somebody's Hand

mtj
5.27.16, 8:39 PM
Make this world a better place, if you can.

I got an email at work today that started "I just wanted to reach out to you to..."

I almost choked on my water.

The signature line was...

As always, 'til next time

Do these people all congregate on some trendy phrases web site?

KrisMich
5.27.16, 9:19 PM
Ha! It wasn't from a woman named, Debbie was it? She's been on vacation this week. I must say, it was a nice week of work.

And about the "cue" vs. "queue" thing. There was a teacher, A TEACHER, on Facebook today who posted, "Que up Alice Cooper because Schools Out for the Summer." Is "que" even a word? I know it is in Spanish, it means "what."

mtj
5.28.16, 1:52 PM
One of the reasons I stay away from social media is the atrocious spelling of many of the people who post there.
I am especially offended by teachers who cannot spell correctly.

Agent99
5.28.16, 10:35 PM
Que is not a word. Believe me, I've tried to use it a number of times on Words With Friends!

mtj
5.29.16, 9:14 AM
Queue is a British word for line up and not too many Americans use it.
I find that the ones who do also use Brit phrases like "on holiday" and "go to hospital" (not on vacation or go to THE hospital).
I am evil.
If I worked with Debbie I would leave a dictionary on her desk with bookmarks at "cue" and "queue". :devilish:

Agent99
5.29.16, 9:43 AM
Queue is also a mans ponytail. Learned that years ago from reading bodice ripper romances.

mtj
7.5.16, 12:35 PM
Kris, I just read an article about the over use of "reach out" in business emails.

One of the comments was "the only time I reach out is to strangle the person who said it"

http://www.dream-worlds.net/forum/smileys/smiley56.gif

KrisMich
7.5.16, 1:11 PM
Kris, I just read an article about the over use of "reach out" in business emails.

One of the comments was "the only time I reach out is to strangle the person who said it"

http://www.dream-worlds.net/forum/smileys/smiley56.gif

hahahahahaha! That is a good one. I'm going to use that with my other co-workers.

Agent99
7.5.16, 2:45 PM
Someone told me that they would "reach out to me" over the weekend and I just cringed. I don't think I ever would have paid that much attention to it had it not been for this thread.