PDA

View Full Version : Breast Cancer Survivor Strips to Protest Attempt to Defund Planned Parenthood

Mike
8.31.15, 2:33 PM
The guy she's protesting to/against tries to back up by saying, he doesn't support the government funding any nonprofit.

So much for "a thousand points of light." Hypocrite much?

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/news/a45554/breast-cancer-survivor-strips-in-protest-of-county-official-who-wants-to-defund-planned-parenthood/

Catstrack
9.2.15, 4:33 AM
So sad, but this guy represents a certain segment who's philosophy is "I've got mine, so s....w you". So many non-profits would not be able to exist without federal funding including Planned Parenthood that offers a variety of health screenings and care for women who could not afford to go elsewhere. For those who target Planned Parenthood as an organization where the fed dollars go to abortions...they are incorrect. No fed dollars go to that part.

There's nothing wrong in being generous and allowing a portion of tax dollars go to benefit those in true need in what ever program helps women, children and men. After all, any of us someday may need a hand up.

Mike
9.2.15, 1:40 PM
So sad, but this guy represents a certain segment who's philosophy is "I've got mine, so s....w you". So many non-profits would not be able to exist without federal funding including Planned Parenthood that offers a variety of health screenings and care for women who could not afford to go elsewhere. For those who target Planned Parenthood as an organization where the fed dollars go to abortions...they are incorrect. No fed dollars go to that part.

There's nothing wrong in being generous and allowing a portion of tax dollars go to benefit those in true need in what ever program helps women, children and men. After all, any of us someday may need a hand up.

You are so right in all of this.

Louisiana was, or is, trying to defund PP, but has realized that they just can't do it because so much of their low-end general medical support infrastructure is actually provided by Planned Parenthood.

Ack!