PDA

View Full Version : Neuroplasticity -- say it 5 times fast. Oh; and cure CNS diseases and CHRONIC PAIN

Mike
2.3.15, 11:52 AM
This is pretty exciting stuff, that may apply to some of the AI diseases and to central nervous system (CNS, brain) components / symptoms of Lupus.

Thoughts???

http://www.macleans.ca/society/health/how-your-brain-heals-itself/

Catstrack
2.4.15, 1:08 AM
Interesting. I am somewhat skeptic tho as to the MS and this therapy for all as there are different types, of course. I have relapsing/remitting and (knock on wood) so far it has not progressed to a secondary or the dire progressive form. I've had times where it was hard to walk and keep a balance, but fortunately it so far has remitted...sometimes took a few years to be totally back to where I was, but mostly it's been just a few weeks or months for lesser problems and pain. As I understand it the brain can redirect nerve motor brain functions for some like me.

All in all, probably for most, exercise and being the healthiest one can be is always a plus. I'll be interested to see where this therapy goes tho and what more blind studies show. :-)

Mike
2.5.15, 9:31 AM
I'll be interested to see where this therapy goes tho and what more blind studies show. :-)

Right with you there. I feel like, well, it's something. Somebody is working on this stuff, thank goodness.

Catstrack
2.12.15, 1:56 AM
I agree....there's so much more work to be done with autoimmune issues. I fear that often the funding is not adequate, but glad to know that there are still many studies and research underway. :-)