PDA

View Full Version : No Country for Old men

D00L1Fan
11.23.07, 8:37 PM
I saw this movie last night and once again, walked away from it with unanswered questions. Overall I thought the movie was fantastic. I want to ask some questions about it but can't with out ruining some of the movie for others.

If someone gets a chance to see it ,critique and wouldn't mind answering some questions I'd appreciate it.

buffalogal
12.2.07, 7:35 PM
I finally got to see this movie yesterday...it wasn't playing where I live, so we drove 1.5 hours to see it (and ended up in a flipping blizzard!)...

I LOVED this movie. I had read the book and it perfectly captured the feel of the book, I thought. I thought Javier Bardem, Tommy Lee Jones, and Josh Brolin were perfect in their roles (Bardem was CREEPY).

When the movie was done, everyone in the theater just sat there, silent, for like 30 seconds before anyone moved or talked or anything. That's the first time I've seen that and I go to a lot of movies. It's just that good. I was holding my breath in spots even though I knew what was going to happen.

This was my favorite movie of the year, so far.

D00L1Fan
12.3.07, 10:33 PM
Buffalogal, toward the end, in the house with Brolins wife/girlfriend, when "Mr.Crazy"/Javiar flipped the coin and she refused to choose, I didn't hear anything. So did he "do" it or not?

TO ME, this movie and Eastern Promises so far are the best this year, hands down.

buffalogal
12.6.07, 9:16 PM
Yes, he "did it"...when he leaves the house, he checks his feet (like he did earlier in the movie after "doing it" as well). That's a clear, subtle confirmation that he did it.

And I agree with you about this and Eastern Promises...though No Country tops the list for me.

D00L1Fan
12.12.07, 8:06 PM
Thank you so much for the confirmation...and speaking in code..lol..I didn't want to ruin it for anyone else.

D00L1Fan
1.1.08, 1:25 PM
I was watching one of those Movie Critic shows ( I think it was Siskel & Roeper) and one of the guys said that he gets tons of emails about this movie. The consensus amongst these emails were people didn't understand the ending as well as many parts throughout the movie. They were confused and wanted answers. ( I am so happy I am not alone...lol). If anyone hasn't seen this movie, please do!!
But as the critics have suggested, be open minded because the answers are there. Watch the movie twice if you have to.
By the way, they both gave this movie a thumbs up.
:)