PDA

View Full Version : ***NEW***And So It Is (Sheridan/Luis, more)

UAgirl
10.15.13, 9:29 PM
Title: And So It Is, Prologue
Rating: PG
Warnings: adult themes/situations
Characters/Pairings: Sheridan, references to others
Summary: prompt: dim; Sheridan moans as she comes to, fights against the drugging darkness of oblivion that grasps and wrenches at her with its greedy hands.

Thud.

Thud.

Scrape.

Sheridan moans as she comes to, fights against the drugging darkness of oblivion that grasps and wrenches at her with its greedy hands. Her head feels too large, her mouth dry and cottony, her limbs disconnected from her brain.

Thud.

The noise this time is accompanied by a tickling sensation across her face, light and barely there, similar to that of an insect's crawl. Or that of a spider. The thought makes Sheridan's breath quicken, makes her sluggish heart beat accelerate. The steady, nauseating throb at Sheridan's temple becomes a constant, overpowering thing that makes opening her eyes difficult if not impossible to accomplish, and she becomes aware of her own harsh, panicked panting as the noise is repeated.

Thud. Thud. Scrape.

The tickling sensation returns, more insistent than before, and a damp, earthy smell fills Sheridan's senses, sharpens her fear-muddled brain, forces open her eyes. A scream crawls forth from her lungs, lodges in her throat, robs her of precious oxygen.

Thud.

Thud.

The wood is rough against her palms, splinter-ridden. Thin, pale shafts of twilight creep through its cracks, only to slowly disappear with each metallic scrape. A sob wells against Sheridan's lips when she recognizes the metallic scrape for what it is, catalogues the pungent smell when more earth showers down on her face, rains on her tongue. Tears slither into her hair, sting the bloody wound hidden just beneath its veil as the past minutes, hours, days come back to her. The voices bleed together, play in a constant loop of regret in her aching head.

("You'll never be her. You'll never replace my mom."; "We don't have a future, Sheridan. Surely you can see that. We're from two completely different worlds."; "Are you sure you're okay doing this alone?"; "I told you to stay out of this, Sheridan. It doesn't concern you. But you never learn.")

Thud, thud, thud.

Sheridan screams as the light grows dim, and finally, disappears.

Thought I'd post this over here. ;)

Give you guys something *new-ish* to read while I'm chipping away at my writer's block.

If you want to cheat, additional chapters are up at the other site.

Just don't forget to leave feedback here (or there).

:)

Thanks so much for reading!!!

P.S. Story is told in non-linear fashion. Think Pieces of My Heart and Once Upon Another Time.