PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - The Rich And Famous

mtj
8.17.12, 10:58 AM
1. Name a celebrity you think is well grounded or "like most people".

2. Have you ever met someone famous? What was it like to meet them?

3. Have you ever lost respect for a celebrity over something they said or did?

4. Do you think kids today have good celebrity role models?

5. If you were given an opportunity to interview a celebrity, who would it be and what would you ask them about?

Weekend plans?

Agent99
8.17.12, 2:32 PM
Reese Witherspoon. She always seems friendly and very attentive to her children. They go to church and she even waited to get married before becoming pregnant.

I have met a lot of people. It was always exciting to meet someone famous, and I really don't have any horror stories about someone being awful. I think having dinner with Dick VanDyke was probably the pinnacle of my celebrity experiences.

Many, many times. Tom Cruise with his whole attack on Brooke Shields really made me not him for a long time. Kelsey Grammar and his whole f'd up lifestyle.

I have somewhat of a problem with the whole "role model" thing. Everyone is human. If you put too much importance on someone they will always disappoint you somehow. They are human and fallible. And as far as the Hollywood machine goes - they're all fabricated anyway.

5. If you were given an opportunity to interview a celebrity, who would it be and what would you ask them about?
Robert Pattinson. Can I be your friend. LOL!

Weekend plans? It's the big "Dream Cruise" in town this weekend. Classic cars from all over the country descend on our little town and it is crazy!!

KrisMich
8.17.12, 3:33 PM
Here I go with Il Divo again, but Sebastien and David from the group are just so down-to-earth and normal men.

Many occasions. It's always exciting to meet a celebrity, most that I have met have been very nice. One of the best had to be when I won a contest from the Dodgers to spend an evening with Steve Garvey at the Stadium. This included a private tour and dinner before the game. The highlight for me that night was when we were touring the broadcast booths and I was able to meet Vin Scully. Vin invited me to come down and sit with him at his broadcast desk. I was in awe.

Yes, many! I have to agree with Agent about Kelsey Grammar.

Sadly, I can't think of any good role models today. Maybe some of the young Olympians, like the young gymnasts???

Oh dear, just one? Gilles Marini, I'd ask him just about anything so I could sit across from him and look into that gorgeous face...THUD...just fainted thinking about it.

Weekend plans?
Hospital

Jenigirl
8.17.12, 5:08 PM
1. Name a celebrity you think is well grounded or "like most people". I'm with Agent, Reese Witherspoon really does seem like the girl next door wanna be your best friend type of girl.

2. Have you ever met someone famous? What was it like to meet them? When I was young and lived in NY, we went to Mets games a lot - huge fan over here. One day while trying to get autographs, I looked back at my family and they are waving like crazy at me. Then I see my dad walking towards me so I started walking up the stairs towards him to see what all the fuss was about, only to walk right past Sandra Reinhardt, who was at the time, Amanda from Another World. The people she was with were laughing so hard because they saw my family trying to get my attention. She was very sweet and signed something I had with me. At the time it was so exciting! Now, eh. Just a fun memory.

3. Have you ever lost respect for a celebrity over something they said or did? Most all of them, Kelsey Grammar is definitely at the top of my list too.

4. Do you think kids today have good celebrity role models? No way! Kids today need role models much closer to home.

5. If you were given an opportunity to interview a celebrity, who would it be and what would you ask them about? Robert Pattinson, I would just discuss what it's like to be cheated on and then shack up with him after. Ha!

Weekend plans? I have had such a crappy 24 hours. Between school coming up next week and the teacher situation I had with my oldest son, problems I am having with my sister who has basically written me off (Such a good Christian she is...ugh!) I need to end my week of vacation on a high note. Tomorrow we're having a garage sale, so I think Sunday I am going to take my kids to the beach or a movie and just have a fun day of relaxation.

boo1
8.21.12, 10:22 AM
Sandra Bullock, she seems very likable and down to earth.

No

I lost so much respect for Bill Cosby and Jesse Jackson. Both talk about being so moral and how to be a good black man. Both cheated on their wives and had a child with other women. I could add in Jimmy Swaggart the preacher who likes his hookers. I agree with you all on Tom Cruise and Kelsey Grammer also.

None that I can think of.

I would have to go with Robert Pattison, so he could cry on my shoulder.

Weekend plans? I'm late, last weekend was spent at the hospital with my MIL. This weekend most likely at her apartment helping to care for her.

Agent99
8.21.12, 10:29 AM
I forgot about Bill Cosby's "lapse."