PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - Home Sweet Home

mtj
8.10.12, 10:06 AM
1. If you could remodel one room in your home, which would it be? What kind of replacements would you add?

2. Which do you prefer for a day off? A relaxing day at home or a busy day doing things?

3. What feature is a "must have" for you in a house? (big kitchen, fireplace, front porch, etc.)

4. Home Owners Associations...fascists or a necessary evil?

5. How do you furnish your home? Comfortable and homey, or sparse and sleek?

Weekend plans?

Agent99
8.10.12, 10:39 AM
1. If you could remodel one room in your home, which would it be? What kind of replacements would you add?
We have a bathroom upstairs that we never use. I wanted to turn it into an upstairs laundry room but every contractor we've had look at it says it would just be crazy expensive.

2. Which do you prefer for a day off? A relaxing day at home or a busy day doing things?
A busy day doing things. I don't like to be bored.

3. What feature is a "must have" for you in a house? (big kitchen, fireplace, front porch, etc.)
First floor laundry room.

We don't have one in our neighborhood. We had one in the last neighborhood and it was pretty lame. Just a lot of people bitching. And legally, they don't have a lot of power anyway.

I'm a minimalist. I don't like knick-knacks. I lean more toward contemporary styling which is a direct contrast with the farm house style of our home.

Weekend plans? Having dinner with friends tonight at a new restaurant.

Jenigirl
8.10.12, 12:54 PM
1. If you could remodel one room in your home, which would it be? What kind of replacements would you add? My bathroom. I would make it bigger, with everything all new, instead of a regular tub, I would have a jacuzzi tub and a shower as well. The bigger the better.

2. Which do you prefer for a day off? A relaxing day at home or a busy day doing things? Sometimes I'd rather have a busy day doing things so I can feel like I've accomplished things, but then my day flies and it's back to work, so sometimes I would like a relaxing day at home. BUT... most days at hmoe are not relaxing when I have 2 kids constantly wanting me to do things. Ha!

3. What feature is a "must have" for you in a house? (big kitchen, fireplace, front porch, etc.) Big Kitchen, which is not what we have right now, and we desperately need.

4. Home Owners Associations...fascists or a necessary evil? Fascists

5. How do you furnish your home? Comfortable and homey, or sparse and sleek? I prefer comfortable and homey... no clutter though.

Weekend plans? I'm off next week since it's the last week of summer vacation for the boys, I always take that week off. We're planning on doing mostly local stuff, beach, small new water park that is in the area, movies, day trip to Sea World with a friend of mine and her girls, possibly a ceramic store because I have always wanted to take my boys to make something cool there but we never had a local one to go to- now we do! Just non stop fun before non stop learning arrives!

KrisMich
8.10.12, 1:16 PM
My bathroom! It has got to be the smallest bathroom on Earth. I have two closets in my bedroom, one big walk-in and a smaller one. I would knock out the small closet to make the bathroom bigger. I would definiely rearrange the set-up and place the toilet in a better place. It's now in a tiny space between the sink and the tub. If you are taller than 5' 7" your legs are cramped. Thank goodness I'm 5'6"...hehehe!

Relaxing. Right now, what I wouldn't give for a day off completely to myself to relax. This trip to Bakersfield to the hospital is getting longer and longer.

Big kitchen open concept to the family room. I've always wanted a place like that for gatherings. I love my little place, but the kitchen is closed off from the living room, so I feel displaced from my guests when I'm still in the kitchen preparing.

Necessary Evil I guess. Thankfully, I've not had to deal with an HOA yet.

Comfortable and homey. Although, the sparse sounds good about now. I have so much I need get rid of.

Weekend plans?
I have a friend coming to town tomorrow. Not the best time for a visit, but we've had this planned for awhile now. The rest will be taking care of things at mom's house and then visiting her at skilled nursing. I'm tired!!