PDA

View Full Version : I Have To Laugh At NBC

mtj
7.19.12, 10:27 AM
Kathy Bates is nominated for Best Actress In A Drama Series (Harry's Law) and NBC canceled the show.
Losers.

Jenigirl
7.19.12, 10:34 AM
It's the same situation as Days of Our Lives - they won a daytime emmy for their writing team, yet they fired them!!! They NEVER win daytime emmys!!

mtj
7.19.12, 12:51 PM
I guess no one is wondering why NBC is in last place with the networks. :rolleyez:

Agent99
7.19.12, 1:03 PM
I think a lot of nominations reflect sentimentality (Betty White) and the ability to separate a great performance from a bad script/show. I've never seen Harry's Law, but I have always loved Kathy Bates. She can shine even in a poor show. It happens all the time. If you ever want to read about the BS that goes on behind the scenes at NBC, read the two books about the late night wars. Excellent.

Coffenut
7.19.12, 1:12 PM
I loved Harry's law the first season . It was such a good show. The second season it totally changed and I tried to stick with but gave up after the first four episodes. It wasn't good anymore at all.

KrisMich
7.19.12, 1:19 PM
I was a fan of Harry's Law and sad to see it go off. I agree, Coffenut, I loved the first season and the law office in a shoe store. It just added some whimsy to the whole scheme of things.