PDA

View Full Version : Toaster Ovens

Agent99
7.11.12, 12:32 PM
How many of you use a toaster oven? My girlfriends and I got in a big discussion about this the other day (we need more interesting subject, I know).

I have never had a toaster oven. Some of my friends swear by them. Am I missing something here?

KrisMich
7.11.12, 12:39 PM
I also have never had a toaster oven. There was one at a vacation rental we used one year and I burned everything I put in it. I wasn't that impressed to be honest.

Jenigirl
7.11.12, 12:40 PM
I have a toaster and a toaster oven. It comes in very handy for quick things and extra cooking space during holidays. Zach would eat chicken nuggets every day if I allowed it, but when I do allow him to have them, I throw them right in the toaster oven, 10 minutes and they are done, no need to use the regular oven. We use ours all the time.

mtj
7.11.12, 5:55 PM
My toaster oven isn't big enough to provide extra space for holiday cooking.
You can't fit a casserole dish in it.
It's great for heating up things the microwave would destroy, like pizza or anything bread related.
I use my toaster oven more than I use my microwave.

boo1
7.11.12, 8:09 PM
My son got me one last year for my birthday. I heated up biscuits in it twice. My son and daughter-in-law use theirs daily. I never thought of heating up pizza in it. I usually use the microwave but next time I'm trying the toaster oven.

mtj
7.11.12, 9:11 PM
I think microwaves make pizza crust all gross and rubbery.
Or any bread product for that matter.

Jenigirl
7.11.12, 9:23 PM
Ours is a larger one, we used to have the small one that you could not do much with, which was why we upgraded to a bigger one. We put our green bean casserole or sweet potato pie in ours. My sister has one even bigger, and cooks almost all her meals in hers.

KrisMich
7.11.12, 9:33 PM
The one I used before was very small, so there wasn't much you could do with it. If I had a bigger one that you could put casserole size dishes in, I'd probably use it all the time.

Agent99
7.12.12, 7:08 AM
My friends say it is the only way to heat up cold pizza.

Coffenut
7.12.12, 1:06 PM
I have a regular toaster and a toaster oven but have only used my toaster oven once.It just takes up space in my kitchen.