PDA

View Full Version : The Mother of the Bride will be...

boo1
6.19.12, 3:57 PM
ME.
My daughter is engaged! They plan to get married sometime between January and March next year, tentatively. She's so happy which makes me so happy for her, sniff sniff.

Jenigirl
6.19.12, 4:03 PM
Hooray!!! Congrats to your daughter and to you as well Boo!

KrisMich
6.19.12, 4:04 PM
Yay! Congratulations!

boo1
6.19.12, 5:53 PM
LOL, A Mother of the Bride Dresses ad showed up after I posted my message. Do you
ladies see it as well? I was thinking I need to get on a serious diet, I only have 6 to 9 months to lose.

Coffenut
6.19.12, 7:11 PM
Congratulations ! That is so exciting!

Jenigirl
6.19.12, 8:02 PM
Yes Boo! The same ad is showing up for me. How funny!

Agent99
6.20.12, 11:21 AM
Congratulations!! This is such good news. Happy wedding planning. See if you can get on "Say Yes to the Dress." LOL!

boo1
6.25.12, 5:30 PM
Thanks everyone. We paid the deposit today for the hall. The big day is Friday march 22, 2013. She didn't want a church wedding so she's getting married on the dance floor. Then while we get pictures taken in the lobby the staff can get the food out and the guests can snack on a cheese table and have drinks. I can't believe what all she has gotten done in a week. She's a lady in love and on a mission, lol. She made her own flowers to carry, really cute. She decorated flower vases for the tables and got candle holders for floating candles. She got the card mailbox, the guest book, invitations and thank-you cards. She knows the cake she wants and has the kind of dress she wants picked out. She's still losing weight so she wants to wait on the dress until feb. She is down 85 pounds I am so proud of her. Her Uncle has been playing weddings for years and he offered to do her wedding for free. Her cousin Jason went to school for photography and she is asking him to take the pictures. Her other cousin Joel went to school for video and editing. http://www.arnaldosbanquetcenter.com/ You can take a virtual tour of the small room that's where she's getting married and the reception will be held. She is having a small wedding with around 70 guests so we will have only 7 or 8 tables set up in the room with the bridal table, so we will have lots of room. In the video the room looks like it is set up for the full 140 guests. Also look at the lobby and court yard that's were pictures will be taken. The staircase in the lobby is really pretty for pictures and in front of the fountain. Can you tell I'm excited!

KrisMich
6.25.12, 9:32 PM
Looks really nice, Brenda. Sounds like your girl is a lot like you... very organized. I'm so glad things are coming together so early. Enjoy this very special time.

Jenigirl
6.25.12, 9:54 PM
Wow Boo! She got a LOT done in one week. Great job. And the banquet hall looks beautiful. Can't wait to see the photos of the actual wedding.

Agent99
6.26.12, 11:35 AM
Holy moly! She's done a lot of work (just like her mama). The hall looks lovely. It will be a nice intimate reception. I'm just curious why she didn't want a church wedding. Do you know why? Lucky for you there are talented people in your family! LOL! I can't wait to see the dress you pick out. What colors has she chosen?

boo1
6.26.12, 9:40 PM
My daughter just wanted to elope. It's her fiance that wanted a wedding and reception. They have lived together for over a year and they are looking for a house. They are so busy. I think they just wanted something simple. The colors are purple and white. As for me in a dress, never, I have such ugly legs. I'm hoping to find a fancy pantsuit. I really want to get my hair done, I've never had it fixed in a fancy bun before. (hehe, just got a image of Marge Simpson)

Jenigirl
6.27.12, 9:20 AM
Boo! Shush about your legs. That's what panty hose are for. Besides, Mother of the Bride dresses are usually long anyway so you need to be in a dress, and YES get your hair done! This is a very special occasion and you deserve it!

Coffenut
6.28.12, 1:40 PM
I'm with Jenigirl there are beautiful mother of the bride dresses that are long enough to cover your legs. The hall looks beautiful. Your daughter has been busy. I wish you all a wonderful time in planning the wedding and also that everyone doesn't get too stressed out during this busy time.