PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - Advertising

mtj
5.18.12, 9:38 AM
1. Name a product whose ad campaign convinced you to buy the product, and it worked well.

2. Name a product whose ad campaign convinced you to buy the product, and it didn't work well.

3. Current TV commercial you like the most?

4. Current TV commercial you dislike the most?

5. What kind of internet advertising is most likely to get your "click"?

Weekend plans?

Agent99
5.18.12, 10:00 AM
1. Name a product whose ad campaign convinced you to buy the product, and it worked well.
Mr. Clean Eraser. That thing is amazing!

2. Name a product whose ad campaign convinced you to buy the product, and it didn't work well.
Zorbees. Sorry, Billy Mays, they sucked! The worst cleaning cloths ever. Made doll blankets out of them for my friend's kids. LOL!

The one where the guy is watching a basketball game on his phone hidden under the table. He has such a great deadpan look on his face when his girlfriend calls him out on it.

Anything for Droid. I hate that "Droid" sound.

Little sidebar photos of cool jewelry.

Weekend plans?
We are in Miami Beach. Yay! Doing the beach thang!

Jenigirl
5.18.12, 10:17 AM
1. Name a product whose ad campaign convinced you to buy the product, and it worked well. I'm with Agent, the magic eraser is the best selling product that is true to it's name.

2. Name a product whose ad campaign convinced you to buy the product, and it didn't work well. Gosh, where do I start? Mostly it's the kids products, last year it was some kids cotton candy machine that they just had to have and when we got it it was the biggest piece of garbage, sent it right back!

3. Current TV commercial you like the most? I found myself laughing at the Kraft Mac N Cheese commercial the other day with the dad yelling at the son "where did you learn to do this stuff?" and the son replies back in tears "I learned from watching you dad!!!" I first thought it was some anti drug commercial when I saw it, then when I realized it was for mac n cheese I couldnt stop laughing. I'm a dork, I know.

4. Current TV commercial you dislike the most? Activia!!! If I hear those stupid commercials one more time, I'm gonna find Jamie Lee Curtis and pour a bunch of that garbage over her damn head!

5. What kind of internet advertising is most likely to get your "click"? Anything and everything Hello Kitty. =D

Weekend plans? Soccer game Saturday morning, then a beach at some point during the weekend and lots of laundry!

KrisMich
5.18.12, 1:11 PM
I have to chime in with the magic eraser as well.

Resolve Carpet Cleaner, the powder. OMG! It takes a lot of work and doesn't really clean all that well. They make it look so darn easy on TV. NOT!

Well for obvious reasons other than the product, the one with Gilles Marini and Jane Krakowski. Aye aye aye! I believe it's for Trop 50 Juice. But, I can honestly say, I'm not looking at anything other than Gilles...:blush2ey:

The one with Jordin Sparks for the Beat Box and that moron that has to sit there and make Jordin listen to her sing, "Battlefield". They show it during Idol all the time...hate that one.

None really. I don't normally click on ads.

Weekend plans?
I have been so tired this week...more so than normal, but our air is so bad right now and my allergies are nuts. So, I'm going to lay low as much as possible.

Coffenut
5.18.12, 8:05 PM
The Swiffer Wet Jet.

None

Don't know I don't watch much TV. The last show I still watched was Desperate Housewives and I never watch commercials.

Same as above.

For good looking recipes

Weekend plans?
Everybody else is working this weekend . So I am doing the grocery shopping and cleaning out my closet.I ordered a whole bunch of new summer clothes and need to get rid of some old stuff.