PDA

View Full Version : Five For Friday - On The Net

mtj
5.11.12, 10:18 AM
1. What web site do you spend most of your computer time on?

2. Between gaming and chatting, which do you spend more time on?

3. Do you have privacy concerns about social networking web sites?

4. Have you/would you ever tried singles match up web sites?

5. Have you ever met anyone face to face that you "met" on a chat/discussion board?

Weekend plans?

Agent99
5.11.12, 10:38 AM
Definitely Facebook. Also, TMZ. I must have my celebrity gossip before anyone else. LOL!

I play "Words With Friends" with only one other person. We play a game most every night. I also play "Draw Something" with my cousin. The iPad is on the sofa and I play as I watch TV.

I always give a fake birthday. My parent's wedding anniversary and I shave 12 years off my age. LOL!!

No. Even if I were single I wouldn't do it.

5. Have you ever met anyone face to face that you "met" on a chat/discussion board?
No. But I would love to meet you guys!! This is the only discussion board I go to.

Weekend plans?
Going to see Dark Shadows tomorrow with my childhood friend. We used to run home from school and watch it together. We are looking forward to it.

KrisMich
5.11.12, 1:17 PM
Facebook.

Gaming. I play Words with Friends in the evenings. I go through my phases of favorite games.

Not really. I'm just on Facebook and I have the privacy filters set so just my friends can access my profile.

No. I'm too insecure about these sites. I'd be the one to end up with the serial killer.

Yes. Most of my Il Divo friends that I chat with on their forum I have met at concerts. In fact, we'll all be meeting again in Las Vegas this July.

Weekend plans?
I'm taking my mom to the beach for a picnic on Sunday. That is what she loves to do best, so this will be my Mother's Day gift to her.

mtj
5.11.12, 2:04 PM
Kris! What a great Mother's Day present.
I would love it if my kids could give me that.

KrisMich
5.11.12, 2:56 PM
Kris! What a great Mother's Day present.
I would love it if my kids could give me that.

Aw, thanks, mtj! Mom is so good to me all year long, and I know how much she loves the beach. There is a little beach town that has renovated recently and has a nice new picnic area, some new restaurants and shops. It's still small and quaint and we love that.

mtj
5.11.12, 3:56 PM
Aw, thanks, mtj! Mom is so good to me all year long, and I know how much she loves the beach. There is a little beach town that has renovated recently and has a nice new picnic area, some new restaurants and shops. It's still small and quaint and we love that.

Ooo, I want to live there. :pinkyz:

Coffenut
5.11.12, 7:28 PM
I don't spend much time on the computer at all.But most of it watching German TV.

I don't game or chat.

No I don't.

No

No

Weekend plans?
Grocery shopping And tomorrow I have to bake a cake with my grandson for his mom.He wants to surprise mommy.
Sunday I plan on relaxing and see what my family has planned for me.

boo1
5.11.12, 7:55 PM
Facebook, TMZ (I love the gossip too Agent), and here.

Chatting

I do

If my husband doesn't straighten up I might be checking out some of these web sites, HELLO HUSBAND #2.

No, but one day I want to met up with Agent as close as we live.

Weekend plans? My daughter took me out to a wonderful breakfast this morning for part of my Mother's Day gift. Tomorrow we are having my nephew's wife a surprise Birthday/Grad party. Sunday-?
Wishing all the Mom's here a very Happy Mother's Day!

Agent99
5.12.12, 9:02 AM
Boo - We are going to meet!! You name the date and the place and I will be there.

Jenigirl
5.12.12, 8:28 PM
1. What web site do you spend most of your computer time on? Facebook.

2. Between gaming and chatting, which do you spend more time on? Facebook/chatting I guess. I used to play WWF but got tired of it, I do play Draw Something but not that much. I finally gave up Farmville after years of playing. I feel so relieved giving it up! Ha!

3. Do you have privacy concerns about social networking web sites? A little, but that's why I make all my stuff private.

4. Have you/would you ever tried singles match up web sites? Yep! And as scary as it sounds, I went to a bar with a friend of mine Thursday night in hopes of finding something better than I find on the dating sites, and that was even scarier.

5. Have you ever met anyone face to face that you "met" on a chat/discussion board? Tons of people. My ex husband was one of them. Not the best example, I know. But a lot of my friends are all from chatting online. Back before I had kids I would chat in an Orlando chat room online and we would all meet up for parties/get togethers and had a blast. I'm still best friends with a few of the girls. It was truly some of the best times of my life.

Weekend plans? Weekends almost over. Boo! Friday I took the day off to chaperone a class trip with Zach who is in 3rd grade. We went to the planetarium which was nice. Today I did a little shopping and cleaning, tomorrow we're all headed to my sisters area where we are meeting up at some park that has a water spot for the kids to swim in apparently, and having a picnic in the park. Happy Mothers Day to all my coffeerooms moms!!

mtj
5.12.12, 11:09 PM

Probably Yahoo checking my email. I'm not on the computer as much as I used to be. For entertainment anyway. Mostly I'm on it for work these days. I used to enjoy a few discussion boards, like this one, but they seem to all have been left by the wayside for Facebook. Which I don't get, since I have never understood the appeal of Facebook and other social networking sites.

Chatting. I play one word game, but not obsessively. I don't get the appeal of the games that are popular these days. Farmville, Angry Birds, that treasure thing on Facebook and the drawing stuff.

Huge privacy concerns. Most people are blissfully unaware of how much of their personal information is passed around by such sites. No matter how tight your security settings are.

Nope, I would rather live the rest of my life single than do that.

Yes, and I've had some very bad results because of that. So I don't do it anymore.

Weekend plans?

It's a two-day Mother's Day fest for me. Out to lunch with my son and his wife today, and having my eldest over to barbecue tomorrow. Nothing makes me happier than spending time with my kids. Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's who post here.

buttercup
5.13.12, 6:33 AM
Probably my email. For one thing, it's the only one I can access at work!

Chatting, the only games I play online are brain teasers that update only once a week.

Nope, I just assume everything I put online has the potential of becoming public knowledge no matter what the privacy settings are, so I avoid supplying information that would allow identity theft or would stop a potential employer from hiring me.

Yes, I have, even met my first love on one. I can understand feeling iffy about it, but most options for gays here are either websites or loud parties, and with websites you can at least talk to the person first (of course, they can very well lie, but they can do that in real life as well)

I have a few times and those have always been positive experiences, including someone who later became one of my best friends.

Weekend plans?
It was mostly catching up with various obligations after returning from the trip. I think I may need another vacation...