PDA

View Full Version : History Channel Special

DaisyThumb
10.26.07, 9:15 AM
I just saw an ad for a special about Nostradamus on the History Channel and was immediately glued to the TV as his predictions have always creeped me out big time. The show is called "Lost Book of Nostradamus" b/c it will explore a book that was penned in 1629 but not discovered until 1994. Apparently scholars have been studying the images in the text and have deciphered new, really eerie predictions. It'll air this Sunday at 9 if anyone is interested. It sounded really cool...

Remo
10.26.07, 5:32 PM
Thanks I hadn't seen that yet. I'm not big on predictions and stuff. But sometimes it's interesting.

DaisyThumb
10.29.07, 5:35 PM
I'm often a skeptic myself but like you said sometimes this stuff is interesting if you chose to entertain it. Did you catch it?

Remo
10.29.07, 10:52 PM
I recorded it, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

DaisyThumb
10.30.07, 3:45 PM
It's definitely worth the watch. You kind of get sucked in- and warning- it's quite ominous!

Remo
10.30.07, 11:29 PM
I watched it. I don't know. I've never been into the Nostradamus stuff. I know he had these prophicies hundreds of years ago. But I think after the fact of the events, like 911, it's easy to make comparins. So if 911 hadn't happened something else would have eventually matched up with those prophicies. Does that make sense? Plus the book didn't match his handwriting, and they said the art wasn't his. So who's to say this 'lost book' was really Nostradamus.

I admit I'm highly skeptical (borderline cynical) about psychics. And that is essentially what he was. I sure as hell don't buy the crap Syliva Brown spews, so who's to say he wasn't the Sylvia of his time. I wonder if he rolled his eyes at people and tapped his fingernails on his teeth (ewww she disgusts me, sorry).