PDA

View Full Version : Car Seats

shel97
10.24.07, 8:01 PM
Hello!
I have not posted on the new boards yet. I hope someone is out there!
My daughter is about to turn 1. She spends a lot of time in the car (unfortunately, but it's to grandma's for free daycare :). I have not been at all pleased with her infant car seat and luckily she is ready for a new one. I have been researching them online, looking at customer reviews, checking them out at stores, etc. Does anyone have a specific car seat that they use that can be used starting at 12 mons. forward facing that converts to a booster seat (so I don't have to buy another one hopefully?). I am trying to get one for a decent price, but if I have to pay extra for one that is easier to use and more comfortable for her I will do that. I am just looking for a specific brand and model someone can point me to so I don't have to go through the hassle I've put up with for the last yr. She is about 20-21 lbs. right now. Thank you in advance!

Jennifer26
11.5.07, 6:57 PM
I am currently using a Graco forward facing seet that's ok. I can't remember how many pounds it will last for though. I don't really like the restraint straps on the Evenflow seats so I have stayed away from them. What king of seat do you have now and what don't you like about it? My son also spends a lot of time in the car around 1.5-2 hrs a day b/c I also have family watching him.

shel97
1.17.08, 8:25 PM
Sorry this took me so long!
I ended up going with an Eddie Bauer 3-in-one that I really like. Her infant seat was a Graco Spirit. I got it for a shower gift although it wasn't what I registered for...Absolutely hated it! Am so glad to be rid of it! I realize now that it is absolutely the cheapest one out there so I guess that's why my sisters were so eager to get it for me :) It was mainly the stroller that went with it that I didn't like- it was impossible to steer. I really like the Eddie Bauer and hope that what the box says is true- last one she'll ever need.