PDA

View Full Version : Sort of OT: Men of a Certain Age

TinaMarina
7.21.11, 8:41 PM
Has been cancelled by TNT and I am so steamed about it. I loved that show - funny, smart writing, great acting. Andre Braugher was my favorite. So Jersey Shore gets renewed for another season but a quality show like MOACA gets canned!? What is wrong with TV today? First OLTL and now this. Grrr ... :mad:

Thanks for letting me rant. :)

KrisMich
7.21.11, 9:43 PM
Rant away and I'll join you!! I'm still not over ABC cancelling "Brothers & Sisters" too. That was by far my favorite nighttime drama. I don't get it. And, on SoapNet while I'm watching OLTL, they keep promoting "The Chew" and it infuriates me. Even if it turns out to be a wonderful show, I won't watch it simply because it is replacing AMC. Boycott, I say, Boycott. That's the rebel in me speaking. :soapbox:

TinaMarina
7.21.11, 10:49 PM
You're kidding, Brothers and Sisters was cancelled? I never watched it but thought it was a popular show. Not only will I not watch the reality shows replacing OLTL and AMC, I might just cancel my cable altogether in January. I'm so tired of the mindless crap on TV nowadays. Quality TV shows are becoming obsolete!

KrisMich
7.22.11, 11:45 AM
I do know that when our shows are done, I will downgrade from the cable package I have now since SoapNet is where I watch OLTL and Days each evening. I can record Days or watch it online too. SoapNet is going off the air in 2012 as well. There are only a couple of other channels I watch with this package and I can live without them.

Pink_Flamingo
7.22.11, 5:24 PM
:flamingo: OH POOP! We just had a season finale, will they have one more to tie it up? I guess the last one DID kind of tie up things. I don't know how I'm going to tell Chuck! He loves that show, too. It's really a guy soap!

I was also really steamed that Bro&Sis was canceled. There's just no understanding why they do what they do. :rolleyez:

KrisMich
7.22.11, 5:51 PM
Before you know it, all we'll have to watch is "Snooky" and the likes. I just don't get the appeal of reality shows like this and that seems to be the way to go these days. I like good television dramas like Bro & Sis, Desp. Housewives etc. I need to start watching the shows on TNT, etc, since the major networks seem to have sailed to sea in their TV wisdom.

Jar
7.25.11, 10:20 AM
I didn't know about Brothers and Sisters ! My favorite nighttime show.. Crap! And they didn't even finish the sl's. ABC is fast becoming my most unfavorite
network. I suppose more idiotic talk and reality pap !