PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Promises with Viggo Mortenson

buffalogal
10.21.07, 9:56 PM
I saw this one last night and I highly recommend it. The movie follows a mid-wife's (Naomi Watts) attempts to find the family of a young baby, and it leads her to the Russian mob. Viggo Mortenson plays a "driver" for the Russians...it's very engrossing, with great performances by Mortenson and by Armin Mueller-Stahl as Semyon, the head of the Russians.

You may have heard about the totally naked fight scene with Viggo, but if that's why you are watching, you might be disappointed. Yes, you can see him, but it is one of the most brutal, visceral fight scenes I have ever seen, which makes it difficult to enjoy.

The ending wraps up a bit too neatly, and I could have lived without the final scenes, but it didn't stop me from enjoying this film. There is quite a bit of violence, so take that into account before going.

D00L1Fan
11.20.07, 12:06 PM
I saw this movie last week. I called my boyfriend in France and told him to go see this movie. He did yesterday. The first 5 minutes of this movies had me hooked. Well written, well acted and highly recommended as well. Vincent Cassel is proving to be one of the most exciting up and coming international actors I've seen in a long time. Viggo did an outstanding job too. The uncle in the movie really kept me in stitches. Overall this movie gets an A++ from me.

Now I can't wait to see NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN!

ELANA
12.22.07, 6:34 PM
mmmmm, yummy, viggo is the greatest. Loved loved History of Violence.