PDA

View Full Version : So far behind in here..sorry

Dragonmom
8.18.10, 11:31 PM
Hope everyone is doing well. Things at work have been tiresome and stressful at times. Our daughter Jill had problems. Lightning struck their house a few days ago...fried all their appliances plus their central A/C. Thank God for insurance and already has A/C fixed. Will just take time to get other things replaced. Had in laws here for a week, then cousins from San Antonio came for a visit. they stayed at my mom's. We enjoyed their visit. My mom got about a weeks' break, and has company again..some old friends. Just all of us busy busy! And the grandsons started school today! Hotter than heck here. Everyone around us got rain today...we didn't get a drop. We need the temps to drop..we need some relief!

Coffenut
8.18.10, 11:47 PM
Oh my I am glad Jill and her family are ok. Things can be replaced. That must have been scary!
I have been busy taking care of my husband. He was in the hospital with a heart problem and ended up getting a staph infection at the IV site.So instead of a couple days he was in the hospital for two weeks.Than he had to get IV drugs at home. He is finally doing better and back at work. He still is on antibiotics. He still has lots of doctors appointments and surgery in October.
My youngest son Nick moved to the college dorms on Sunday and he starts college tomorrow. So our house is very empty and quiet.We are Empty Nesters!
My grandson started second grade on Monday. He didn't want to go back Lol!
We have been having an extremely hot summer. I can't wait for fall!

JulieK1B
8.23.10, 1:30 PM
Hope everyone is doing well. Things at work have been tiresome and stressful at times. Our daughter Jill had problems. Lightning struck their house a few days ago...fried all their appliances plus their central A/C. Thank God for insurance and already has A/C fixed. Will just take time to get other things replaced. Had in laws here for a week, then cousins from San Antonio came for a visit. they stayed at my mom's. We enjoyed their visit. My mom got about a weeks' break, and has company again..some old friends. Just all of us busy busy! And the grandsons started school today! Hotter than heck here. Everyone around us got rain today...we didn't get a drop. We need the temps to drop..we need some relief!

Dragsy I know how busy you've been with company and all. Glad Jill got her a/c back on at least! Yea our kids start this Wednesday in school. So that time of year again! I'm substitute teaching again. So should be a challenge but fun! Hot here too. Look forward to the cooler temperatures here in September! Well take care!