PDA

View Full Version : May 13

Dragonmom
5.13.10, 12:25 PM
Figured it's time to start a new thread. going back up to the hospital to see my cousin. Not doing well... just don't know how long all this will go on. He's there..on a breathing machine..and he smiled last night, but from what the nurse said this morning...it's still not good. He's just like a baby, is all. So so sad. I was kinda hoping to stay home today as I'm really tired, but my mom wants to go, and I'm doing this for her. As I work tomorrow..I probably won't get to go to the hospital anyway...so I'll do what I can now. Hope everyone has a good day.

Coffenut
5.13.10, 3:13 PM
Dragonmom I hope your cousin improves soon. I'll keep you all in my prayers!

Dragonmom
5.13.10, 10:38 PM
Thanks Claudia..that means a lot.

Oh btw...I know someone has a b'day in your family about this time right? Grandson Davy's is tomorrow.He'll be 8..time sure flies!

Coffenut
5.15.10, 2:06 AM
Hi Dragonmom,
Yes the 14th is my birthday too and we had quite a day today as it was also my daughter's graduation from college. I posted pics on facebook if you like to see them. It was a wonderful day and I am finally heading off to bed. It was a great day and now I am poopedLol. I hope Davey had a great birthday!

JulieK1B
5.15.10, 11:25 AM
Hi Dragonmom,
Yes the 14th is my birthday too and we had quite a day today as it was also my daughter's graduation from college. I posted pics on facebook if you like to see them. It was a wonderful day and I am finally heading off to bed. It was a great day and now I am poopedLol. I hope Davey had a great birthday!

Wow sounds like I missed a lot on here! Been so busy. Congrats on your daughters graduation? Didn't know she was in school! Also for you birthday and also your grandsons. Hope your cousin gets better soon. I am still hoping he will be able to make his goodbyes at least. I'll go check out the facebook pictures here soon. Take care!:blush2ey:

Dragonmom
5.17.10, 4:29 PM
Claudia..I did see the graduation pics! So it was your b'day. Hope it was a good one! Sounds like it was..and a busy one too! What a proud moment to see your girl graduate from college! So now what's her plans? I knew someone's b'day was on or around Davy's...my memory hasn't completely gone..ha ha. As for my cousin..we have some good news! He's coming around! Following instructions..and trying to talk! We are so elated! Not out of the woods yet..but they are going to wean him off the ventilator..which is great news! Might be in a regular room before too long. Thanks all for the prayers..God hears them!

JulieK1B
5.18.10, 12:21 PM
Claudia..I did see the graduation pics! So it was your b'day. Hope it was a good one! Sounds like it was..and a busy one too! What a proud moment to see your girl graduate from college! So now what's her plans? I knew someone's b'day was on or around Davy's...my memory hasn't completely gone..ha ha. As for my cousin..we have some good news! He's coming around! Following instructions..and trying to talk! We are so elated! Not out of the woods yet..but they are going to wean him off the ventilator..which is great news! Might be in a regular room before too long. Thanks all for the prayers..God hears them!

Dragsy so glad to hear the good news about your cousin! What an answer to prayer! But also continueing to pray for him of course. I do hope all goes well with him getting off that ventilator. Keep us posted ok?

Well my life has been very busy and non busy at the same time. I'm done with college for now, but start a summer course here soon in June. So just enjoying the break. But didn't do well in my math have to retake that or see about maybe an easier one for me. Which I hope their is! I can't pass this one I feel it is way to hard for me. But we shall see what the Higher education says etc. I'll keep you posted. I'm off for three days so don't know what to do with my self! LOL Take care all!:blush2ey:

Dragonmom
5.18.10, 11:06 PM
Good news about my cousin..he's off the ventilator! Breathing on his own..amen! He's not out of the woods yet, but thanking the Lord he's brought him this far. He's just whispering right now..but having a speech therapist come in and work with him. He might be in a regular room in a few days. Eating pudding and mashed potatoes now. Taking each day and being thankful for them.
Julie..sorry about the math. I hope if you have to retake the same one..perhaps get a tutor more often or a different teacher that will work with you more. Hang in there!

JulieK1B
5.20.10, 11:58 AM
Good news about my cousin..he's off the ventilator! Breathing on his own..amen! He's not out of the woods yet, but thanking the Lord he's brought him this far. He's just whispering right now..but having a speech therapist come in and work with him. He might be in a regular room in a few days. Eating pudding and mashed potatoes now. Taking each day and being thankful for them.
Julie..sorry about the math. I hope if you have to retake the same one..perhaps get a tutor more often or a different teacher that will work with you more. Hang in there!

Well glad to hear the news about your cousin! That is awesome news! A little at a time? Right? I do hope he continues to improve while your gone on your vacation and I will continue to pray for his recovery of course!

I'm going to try and go in today since I'm off and get some advice from the lady who schedules the classes etc. I just don't like this class and don't want to have to retake it. But we shall see what she says. My biggest problem was study time cause of work etc. I might have to just take one class at a time or something we shall see. Wish me luck!:confused:

Coffenut
5.26.10, 12:42 PM
Dragonmom I am glad your cousin is doing better. I'll keep praying for him. I hope you have a wonderful relaxing vaccation! Have a safe trip!
Julie I hope you find a better class , sometimes when you have to take a class over all of a sudden it clicks. I wish you good luck with that!
I have been busy with graduations and all the parties and stuff that comes with it. My youngest son graduated from High School on monday. Now we are all done and we can enjoy the summer! Yeah and time for a diet after all the parties and cakes lol.
Hope you are all doing well!

JulieK1B
5.28.10, 8:03 AM
Dragonmom I am glad your cousin is doing better. I'll keep praying for him. I hope you have a wonderful relaxing vaccation! Have a safe trip!
Julie I hope you find a better class , sometimes when you have to take a class over all of a sudden it clicks. I wish you good luck with that!
I have been busy with graduations and all the parties and stuff that comes with it. My youngest son graduated from High School on monday. Now we are all done and we can enjoy the summer! Yeah and time for a diet after all the parties and cakes lol.
Hope you are all doing well!

Congrats on your son's graduation you must be so proud! I hope you have a nice relaxing summer. I am still unable to check into my math as I've been to busy working both jobs! So as soon as I get some spare time I'll get in there and get the math part sorted out I hope. Thanks for the encouragement. I really don't want to have to take this class again but I'll let you know what happens.:winkq:

KrisMich
5.28.10, 4:50 PM
Anyone heard from Dragonmom? It was strange for her not to post on the AI board this week being that it was the finals. I hope she and her family are okay. Let me know if you hear from her.

Thanks!

Coffenut
5.30.10, 1:14 PM
Kris dragonmom is on vaccation till june 6 or 7.

KrisMich
5.31.10, 1:51 AM
Okay, good! I was worried about her. Thanks, for the information.

JulieK1B
5.31.10, 11:47 AM
Okay, good! I was worried about her. Thanks, for the information.

Yep she is off in N.Y. Enjoying time with her son. Then I think going back on an airplaine to Ohio then driving back to where she lives. I am sure she is having a wonderful time.:)