PDA

View Full Version : Recording Series on DTV 101 Not Possible Now.

KneadsToKnow
9.23.07, 8:17 AM
Hi all,

Interesting factoid. It is not possible to record series (including PASSIONS) on T-101 yet. I was unable to record the series as a "season pass" on my DTV HD-DVR, so thought that the box was broken. Called DTV, had a techie come out to look at it, and he thought it was also broken. We ordered a new box. I called DTV to find out when the box would be delivered and got to talking about my issue.

The customer service person told me that the bandwidth is not accepting "series" and that is why, when I tried to record it, Pay Per View was launched.

The techie arrived yesterday to install the new box, but we decided that since it was not a box thing, to send it back.

My TiVO also was not able to record the series, so it is a DTV issue. The folks there assured me within the next month or so, this problem should be resolved.

So we have to record individually for the week and the following week for now. It will take two weeks of individual recording, hopefully. It looks like it did set it up ok on DTV's box and TiVO.

Is anyone able to record series? It might be a location thing.. who knows. I live in Central Florida.

Thanks for any feedback,

Kneads,
Jo

SarahBeth
9.23.07, 9:41 PM
I don't think it's the box. I think it may have something to do with the fact that it's only M-T. Mine wont set up for series recording either.

KneadsToKnow
9.25.07, 7:45 AM
I called DTV yesterday when I was not able to record single shows without having a pay per view dollar sign next to the "recorded" orange circle showing. I was told that this is a problem that is being reported by several folks, to DTV. I was assured that there would be no charge since the show is available at no cost to DTV subscribers. The customer service rep marked my account about the issue so IF I am charged, the charges will be reversed.

If anyone has the same problem in recording single episodes, I would recommend calling DTV and getting that information on your account.

She told me that I could try other channels within that bandwidth, but all of them showed "pay per view". We discovered that when I was on the phone with her.

Scary stuff!

Jo
Kneads

SarahBeth
9.25.07, 10:06 AM
Hmmm. That's interesting. I don't get the dollar sign but sometimes I have to try a couple of times before it sets up to record.

Mercy
10.3.07, 2:14 PM
I have NO problem recroding it each and every day. Hope you all get it working for you.

This board was a surprise for me to see it this way. What happened? I almost couldn't find how to respond.

Mercy

divinelyfine
10.9.07, 9:12 AM
I have NO problem recroding it each and every day. Hope you all get it working for you.

This board was a surprise for me to see it this way. What happened? I almost couldn't find how to respond.

Mercy
The old board is still out there (and currently still busier than the new one!), but you need to have the direct link to get there, http://www.coffeerooms.com/forums/nbc/passions/index.html
...otherwise you get redirected to this forum :)

KGuetzke
10.23.07, 9:17 PM
I had to set up a manual recording on my tivo system. You need to choose "record by date & time" and then choose to have it tape Monday, Channel 101 and the time slot (1:00 - 2:00 here), then set one up for Tuesday...and so on thru Thursday. Since I did that I have had no problems! Good Luck!

~K~

scorpiowitch
10.23.07, 11:33 PM
Sarahbeth, been monitoring the old board and lol at some of your posts. It is good to know that there is still some form of reality there. You do keep them in line. Have enjoyed many of your posts. I can't wait until we are all stacked into this little message board. Could be mighty interesting.