PDA

View Full Version : My favorite movies of the year - part 2

buffalogal
3.3.10, 9:28 AM
Well, now that I have seen a bunch more movies - and with the Academy Awards fast approaching - I have been pondering what I'd pick for the 10 best this year of what I have seen ...

My "Best Pics":
The Hurt Locker, Inglourious Basterds, Up in the Air, Up, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Crazy Heart, In the Loop, District 9, Star Trek (which made me interested in the franchise for the first time ever!), and The Hangover (a smart, unique comedy).

Honorable Mentions:
Zombieland, The Informant!, (500) Days of Summer, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, State of Play, Drag Me To Hell, Paranormal Activity, Brothers - all pretty good in their own ways, even if they are not award-caliber.

Disappointments:
Avatar, Adventureland, Away We Go, Sherlock Holmes, Public Enemies, Funny People, Julie and Julia, 9, A Serious Man, Where the Wild Things Are, Blind Side, The Lovely Bones - all these movies were ones I was looking forward to that left me feeling a bit wanting in one way or another.

Haven't Seen Yet:
Precious (going tonight, I hope!)
An Education
The Last Station
The Messenger
A Single Man
Nine
The Young Victoria
The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus

Have I missed any other great ones this year?

princecarr13
10.11.10, 4:42 AM
I just love Fred Astaire and Jimmy Stewart. They just seemed like such nice guys, on top of being mega-talented. Complete gentlemen. I wanted to have them as my grandfathers.