PDA

View Full Version : I have a dr. appt today about my knee

Dragonmom
2.17.10, 9:14 AM
Anxious to know what the dr. wants to do. Not sure if I'm gonna like it. Will let everyone know. I'm starting to get anxious about going back to work. I want to..but I don't want to. I'm getting a bit bored..yet, I'm not so sure I can stand on my feet 8 hours a day. Not sure if I want surgery either. Uggh. Just wait and see what the dr. says today.

JulieK1B
2.17.10, 10:49 AM
Anxious to know what the dr. wants to do. Not sure if I'm gonna like it. Will let everyone know. I'm starting to get anxious about going back to work. I want to..but I don't want to. I'm getting a bit bored..yet, I'm not so sure I can stand on my feet 8 hours a day. Not sure if I want surgery either. Uggh. Just wait and see what the dr. says today.

Best of luck! I hope he says you don't need surgery though. That would be bad for you cause means more time off etc. and I know your anxious to get back to work. :winkq:

Coffenut
2.17.10, 7:35 PM
I hope whatever he is gong to do will help you get well fast! And I hope that you can maybe find a different job where you are happier and don't have to stand so much!

Dragonmom
2.18.10, 12:08 AM
Well...through all of this...it's got me thinking. The dr. appt went well...no surgery..woo hoo. Seems it's the arthritis ..not the torn ligament that's causing the problem. Dr. check and felt..and seems to think it's the darn arthritis..and only meds and time can help that. It's been cold..and raining a good bit...factors for more inflamation..etc. I got another cortizone shot today. Dr. says I should feel results in a few days if it's going to help. I hope so. Not going back to work just yet. Long story..let's just say dr. worded the release papers wrong..saying "light duty"..no "light duty" at Walmart..they won't accept it. the dr. thought he was doing me a favor...but I told him I was ready to give it a try...doing what I usually do. So talked to the nurse..and I think I can get the dr. to write up a different one...but I got to thinking...perhaps go back in two weeks instead of this coming week.I still have sick leave and if Wally World can be a butt..so can I. contemplating another line of work..but hard to start over at my age..and been with Walmart going on 12 years soon. But all happens for a reason... might be taken down a different path..who knows.

JulieK1B
2.19.10, 12:17 PM
Well...through all of this...it's got me thinking. The dr. appt went well...no surgery..woo hoo. Seems it's the arthritis ..not the torn ligament that's causing the problem. Dr. check and felt..and seems to think it's the darn arthritis..and only meds and time can help that. It's been cold..and raining a good bit...factors for more inflamation..etc. I got another cortizone shot today. Dr. says I should feel results in a few days if it's going to help. I hope so. Not going back to work just yet. Long story..let's just say dr. worded the release papers wrong..saying "light duty"..no "light duty" at Walmart..they won't accept it. the dr. thought he was doing me a favor...but I told him I was ready to give it a try...doing what I usually do. So talked to the nurse..and I think I can get the dr. to write up a different one...but I got to thinking...perhaps go back in two weeks instead of this coming week.I still have sick leave and if Wally World can be a butt..so can I. contemplating another line of work..but hard to start over at my age..and been with Walmart going on 12 years soon. But all happens for a reason... might be taken down a different path..who knows.

You know I'm thinking the extra two weeks will help your knee more. But if you go back and still have issues you might have to decide for a different type of job. One in which your not constantly on your legs all day. If that is the case, perhaps God will direct you. He is me for instance that is why I'm doing the substitute teachers job and also going back to school. Hang in there girl. Hope it all turns out OK.:winkq: