PDA

View Full Version : We are having some of the white stuff

Dragonmom
2.12.10, 1:38 AM
Well..it doesn't happen in Louisiana often..but we got sleet mixed with rain early..then about 9 PM..it started snowing..big flakes!! Now it's sleet again..grrr. Was hoping the grandsons would see some snow...but not sure now. They were in bed when it started.
I was without my computer from Friday till Tuesday morning. Stupid thing... in the shop. Now got it back. Don't realize how dependant or addicted we get to this thing huh? Hope everyone is doing well.

Dragonmom
2.12.10, 11:16 AM
Well..more snow..no sleet now. It's really pretty. We don't get it here in Louisiana often..so it is a pretty sight. One day of it is enough though..ha ha.

Passionatic
2.12.10, 11:26 AM
Wow! That is unusual for your area of the country! Welcome to the "Snow Club" :) We got about 12 inches where we are(in Indiana), but at least the sun is out today, altho very very Cold! My sister lives in Virginia and she's gotten more snow this winter than we got here and thats unusual.

JulieK1B
2.16.10, 12:52 PM
Well..more snow..no sleet now. It's really pretty. We don't get it here in Louisiana often..so it is a pretty sight. One day of it is enough though..ha ha.

Dragsy I seen where you got the white stuff has it cleared off yet? Heard that that area was still getting hammered etc. here we hardly have any snow! Which is quite unusual for us! Sorry I haven't been on here much to much going on. Got a day off finally but had to work one day on my day off to make up time. Urggh but my life isn't slowing down much any time soon. LOL Gotta get my stuff in to get my permit info in for Substitute teaching now. Did all my observing. Time is time right? Take care!:winkq:

Dragonmom
2.17.10, 1:18 AM
The snow only lasted a day...it was pretty..but one day's enough. the grandsons loved it! Yeah..looks like the east coast and some southern states are getting more than the states that usually have a lot. Taking turns sharing I guess..lol. Anyone ready for spring? I AM!!

JulieK1B
2.17.10, 11:51 AM
The snow only lasted a day...it was pretty..but one day's enough. the grandsons loved it! Yeah..looks like the east coast and some southern states are getting more than the states that usually have a lot. Taking turns sharing I guess..lol. Anyone ready for spring? I AM!!

Yep I've had people come in at work telling me how bad it is on the East coast. Glad were having a mild winter so far. But worried that spring won't be as nice! We shall see!:confused:

Passionatic
2.17.10, 12:38 PM
I measured the drift in our front yard yesterday..it was 16 inches! Still really cold here, but at least the sun is out today, thats nice. We are supposed to get more snow by Sunday! Wow...what a winter! I think everyone is ready for Spring :)

JulieK1B
2.19.10, 1:18 PM
I measured the drift in our front yard yesterday..it was 16 inches! Still really cold here, but at least the sun is out today, thats nice. We are supposed to get more snow by Sunday! Wow...what a winter! I think everyone is ready for Spring :)

We are getting some white stuff finally I just hope it doesn't close the roads. Cause my co-worker is suppose to drive back today etc. I don't want her having an excuse not to come to work! LOL:p

Dragonmom
2.19.10, 10:29 PM
Julie..did your friend make it to work? I just want our yard to dry out..we've had so much rain..then the snow melting..I'm ready for warmer temps and dryer ground to work out in the yard.

JulieK1B
2.20.10, 10:18 PM
Julie..did your friend make it to work? I just want our yard to dry out..we've had so much rain..then the snow melting..I'm ready for warmer temps and dryer ground to work out in the yard.

Yep she did. She came to work. That made it easier on me since I didn't get much sleep last night. Also it's still snowing here. Our biggest snow so far this year. LOL:p

Dragonmom
2.21.10, 12:29 PM
So you are getting the snow now that everyone in the east got. I hope it's not too bad. Glad the other lady made it to work. It misted rain this morning..suppose to rain more. Didn't want it to. Wanted our yard to dry out. Temps are warmer though.

JulieK1B
2.23.10, 11:21 AM
So you are getting the snow now that everyone in the east got. I hope it's not too bad. Glad the other lady made it to work. It misted rain this morning..suppose to rain more. Didn't want it to. Wanted our yard to dry out. Temps are warmer though.

Well hang in there girl. It should dry out eventually right? I know we are expecting more snow both on Wednesday and on Sunday. Tis the season I suppose. Plus my one aunt has been praying for snow! LOL I told her stop praying OK? Any ways hope it gets better for both of us around here.:winkq: