PDA

View Full Version : FIRE!!!!

TangoTia
9.17.07, 4:28 PM
:help: Oh, silly you for darting in to see......but, of course there isn't a fire in here. I just "yelled" that because we know it's the quickest way to get peoples attention and I didn't want to be playing in this room all by myself.

Well, now that you're here.....excited about any shows starting up this week? Any brand new TV shows you're dying to see? Myself, I'm just dancing with excitement because....you guessed it, "Dancing With the Stars" is starting as well as the timeless "Survivor", that I swear from one season to another I'm never watching again. Ditto with "Big Brother." Positively my last season of it! Maybe. I can't NOT watch the finale just because I hope the jury tears them into little teeney, tiny, wee pieces and I have to see that. It's true, I'm not a Donato fan but, I'm sure some of you are. Sorry. Actually, this season I didn't have anyone that I was rooting for. Nobody. Nada. Very sad. Liz....if you're reading this, it probably is the same seedy show you get in your country. Somehow, I seem to get easily drawn into anything seedy. Shame on me!

New shows: Well, I think this is the first season since the beginning of television (yes, I was around before TV sets in every home was the norm....I'm old!) that I've marked so many premier shows to watch. Thanks goodness for my hubby's penchant for having a recorder in every room with a TV so I can try to TiVo as many as possible.

Ta ta! Tango

soapyCJ
9.19.07, 9:37 PM
:help: Oh, silly you for darting in to see......but, of course there isn't a fire in here. I just "yelled" that because we know it's the quickest way to get peoples attention and I didn't want to be playing in this room all by myself. Well that got my ATTENTION. I'm glad theres no real fire.

Well, now that you're here.....excited about any shows starting up this week? Any brand new TV shows you're dying to see? Myself, I'm just dancing with excitement because....you guessed it, "Dancing With the Stars" is starting as well as the timeless "Survivor", that I swear from one season to another I'm never watching again. Ditto with "Big Brother." Positively my last season of it! Maybe. I can't NOT watch the finale just because I hope the jury tears them into little teeney, tiny, wee pieces and I have to see that. It's true, I'm not a Donato fan but, I'm sure some of you are. Sorry. Actually, this season I didn't have anyone that I was rooting for. Nobody. Nada. Very sad. Liz....if you're reading this, it probably is the same seedy show you get in your country. Somehow, I seem to get easily drawn into anything seedy. Shame on me!

New shows: Well, I think this is the first season since the beginning of television (yes, I was around before TV sets in every home was the norm....I'm old!) that I've marked so many premier shows to watch. Thanks goodness for my hubby's penchant for having a recorder in every room with a TV so I can try to TiVo as many as possible.

Ta ta! Tango
I hated that evil dick won. I didn't really have a favorite either but if I had to choose one it would have been Jessica. I didn't think it was fair that no one else had blood relatives in the house except the evil Donatos' But one good thing did come out of it that they are now talking to each other now.
I start out watching Survivor, miss the middle and then start watching again toward the end. I love Dancing with the Stars. I heard that Patrick Swayse was going to be on but that wasn't true. I would have like to see him do some more of those "dirty dances'........lol

I also watch CSI--Las Vegas, Jericho, Without a Trace, and the Bacholar.

I don't get here as often as I use to cause I went back to work, :( and with winter coming I'm sure not going to enjoy getting out of the warm bed to go to work.

We've had a few cool mornings this week. I would like it to stay this way for about two more months. Guess you've already put blankets on your beds. Has the leaves started changing colors up your way. I hope to get up to the mts. this weekend. Its our 34th anniversary.

Well take care, CJ

ClassicCoke
9.20.07, 8:27 AM
Ok I rushed in here thinking since it was so cool at night now that you had a bonfire going and was roasting hotdogs and marshmallows! :( But no such luck TT!
Can't say I am real excited about the new fall lineup. Am looking forward to Survivor, Lost, DH and DWTS. But am not excited about any of the guests on DWTS...give me SYTYCD anytime. If you have any good suggestions let me know. Sure hate to see Damages end. That show is one of my favs of all time. I do have to find something to watch since that seems to be my main source of entertainment. If nothing on I will bury myself in a book as usual. :read: Think it is time I branched out and found something else to amuse me. Yes I have my roomie but he can get on my nerves by the time midwinter comes...of course I never get on his! ;)
Well he is off today and I think we will have to make a dreaded trip to WalMart and fight our way through the aisles of rude people in this town. I just know they wait until we go shopping to come out of hiding.
Oh yeah I will have to watch WifeSwap (how is that for the bottom of the barrel) because I read in the paper somebody from our county is going to be on. Now that is morbid curiosity. Well I am off to decide just what we are going to do today and hope there is more that just Wallyworld.
Ciao, CC

TangoTia
9.20.07, 3:21 PM
Ditto CJ. I know there were a lot of ED fans out there, but I simply am not into crass, crude, immature, obnoxious, vampire-resembling menfolk. However, I could be one of few.....don't know. Sooooooo, excited about Survivor starting tonight but, I could get bored mighty fast if the characters don't grab me right from the get-go. Watched Kid Nation last night out of curiousity and actually enjoyed it.

Forgot about Las Vegas. OMG! How could I forget 'cause my Tom is going to be on it this season. Whoops, need to go through my picture files and put his photo up as my avatar again to commemorate the occasion. Also watch Jericho. Plus tons of other shows! With all the recording going on, we're forced to watch shows we'd probably never watch otherwise.

Wouldn't that have been fun watching Patrick Swazie on DWTS? However, that might give him too much of a leg up on the other celebs.

Yep, leafs are starting to change in our area. I love fall.....just don't like the winter behind it. I don't think our fall foliage is near as pretty as what you probably have. It seems like when we went to Winstom-Salem to see a friend about 6 years ago in October, it was quiet beautiful and I don't think that's too far from you, is it?

Hey, early congrats on your anniversary! It's a big deal to be around to celebrate 34 years with one person. (Or, 17 years with two people.....? LOL!)

Ta ta! TT

soapyCJ
9.20.07, 9:50 PM
Sooooooo, excited about Survivor starting tonight but, I could get bored mighty fast if the characters don't grab me right from the get-go.

Watched Kid Nation last night out of curiousity and actually enjoyed it.

Forgot about Las Vegas. OMG! How could I forget 'cause my Tom is going to be on it this season. Whoops, need to go through my picture files and put his photo up as my avatar again to commemorate the occasion. Also watch Jericho. Plus tons of other shows!

Wouldn't that have been fun watching Patrick Swazie on DWTS? However, that might give him too much of a leg up on the other celebs.

Yep, leafs are starting to change in our area. I love fall.....just don't like the winter behind it. I don't think our fall foliage is near as pretty as what you probably have. It seems like when we went to Winstom-Salem to see a friend about 6 years ago in October, it was quiet beautiful and I don't think that's too far from you, is it?

Hey, early congrats on your anniversary! It's a big deal to be around to celebrate 34 years with one person. (Or, 17 years with two people.....? LOL!)

Ta ta! TT

Well Survivor just went off. It was pretty good. I did wonder why the girl would wear heels to this. I don't have a favorite yet. I did feel sorry for Ashley, being there in those kind of elements and being sick too. I couldn't do any of thsoe things.

Is Kid Nation a reality show?

I think most of the new season starts next week. I am hoping that they won't let Sarah die on CSI. So your Tom is going to be on there. Lets hope he's a good ole guy.

Winston-Salem is about 140-150 miles away. I've never been there. All of that area in western NC and eastern Tn. is quite beautiful.

Do you realize that CHristmas is only 3 months away? Time is flying by.

TangoTia
9.21.07, 6:11 PM
CC, what a yummy idea. Bon-fire with all the trimmings and bad music. Maybe I can get the mister to sit around the grill tonight and roast stuff with me and we can sing Kumbala while dancing with our shadows. Sounds like good fun to me! Anyhoooooo........I think I'm actually going to enjoy Survivor this season. Be interesting to see what happens as it progresses 'cause seems like you and I always pick the same favs to win as well as gruesome scum we can't stand. Right now I'm thinking that Courtney who practically hissed through her teeth at that monk (as he attempted to teach her the CORRECT way to proceed in the ceramony.), is going to hoggin' her way to TV airtime if she doesn't get eliminated soon. Other than that, not many strong opinions. Well, maybe I'd like to be a kitten and curl up on James back..........

Damages.....thanks to you and Cosmo, we're complete fans after catching up via the marathon. Looking forward to several new shows....none which I remember the names of. Oh, the one that will be a Grey's A. spinoff with Addison. Think I'm going to like it. Some of my previous favorites I probably won't even like because with the long season since their last finale, I'm completely lost interest in them.....like Lost.

Ahhhh, Wal-mart. Well, if you ever here on the evening news that someone was arrested at a Wal-Mart in our area for running over 3 people AND their carts while humming The Battle Hymn of The Republic, it'll be me. It'll mean it was one too many trips mingling with idiot shoppers and completely losing my temper and patience. Yeah, I'm a trip to go shopping with!

You need to get your roomie a hobbie that he's so crazy about you'll be begging him to come out of his hiddy-hole and play with you in a few months. Or do like me and my crazy roommate do and start singing and dancing all over the house. It's better than hiking and bad singing gives y'all a nice fit of the giggles which makes those little ol' endorphins swin in circles and sprinkle glitter around. Or, just take drugs.

Wife swap......not so bad. But, stay away from Trading Spouses or you'll have nightmares.

Ta ta! TT

EZLoving
9.25.07, 11:57 AM
Ok, ma'am, you're under arrest for yelling "Fire" in this crowded room. Oh wait, I guess there is no crowd so you're free to go on a technicality.

I marked my calendar for CSI this Thursday AND Law (just typed Lawn - guess what business I'm in?) & Order: Criminal Intent moved to Thursdays on USA network starting in October so I wrote that on there too. Marshall and I also watch CSI: Miami and we drink a shot every time Horatio Cain puts his hands on his hips. I'm just kidding about the shot but we do wait for it and laugh.

I have NO time for all this reality show foolishness. I have my own reality to live with. I had to email the PTO president at my old middle school and oust her. This babe is a total loser who never showed up for any meetings last year as VP and wouldn't do anything this summer to get ready for fall. Lucky for those guys that have a hatchet woman like me around. My new motto is "Piss or get off the pot.:devilish:" I figure if I, as an old lady, have enough time and energy to do all this crap those young gals do too. Tonight I make my debut as the high school parent club president and I'm kickin' ass and takin' names (that's my new way of talking - I'm droppin' "g's" (what you guys think - makes me look tough, right??)

Still doing my mother's wash but it's getting worse and worse. This week I cut off a stick from a tree and carried her things in from the garage on the end of it. I'm using that Febreeze for laundry like it's water but still those clothes stink. I have tried talking sense to her about at least getting into a CBRF but she won't and now she's mad at me about it. BIG FRICKIN' (dropped that "g" again) DEAL is what I say. Don't talk to me - I'm the only voice of reason around here. I told my oldest brother, Joe, if he says one word against me I'm dropping that GD laundry off at HIS house. At least my sister is supporting me but she lives in Denver but....she did offer to fly back to Green Bay if I wanted her too. She came in February and we tried to talk the old girl into it then with no luck. Honestly, I can't believe she's still alive. Her stomach is totally shot - everything just goes right through her but STILL she drinks. When you open up her front door a billow of smoke comes out (I AM NOT KIDDING). She's still lighting one cigarette from another.

Marsh had a football game in Sheboygan last night (75 minute drive). They won 14-12 and he kicked those two extra points - way to go Marshie!!!

Hey did you know today is our 36th wedding anniversary? I have to get the old boy a card today. We went to a dinner theater last Saturday but all during it, dh and Marsh kept checking the Badger score on their phones!!!

The turkeys marched through her twice already this morning. My little yorkie keeps barfing all over. Steve stepped in it during the middle of the night which always makes for a pleasant morning, I had to get the carpet cleaner out and shampoo the stains out. Well, I'd better take a shower and meet the "anniversary boy" at the Deerfield Diner where we've had lunch almost every day since 1997 - are we in a rut or WHAT??

I'm glad I got this off my chest - cripes I'm beginning to sound like the Hula Girl (Judy, where are you?? LOL).

Have a good day and I will try to come here once a day to see what's going on.

love,
Ms. X :anon2d:(formerly known as eldri)

Oh, by the way, I see where Jimmy Smits, my secret love, is back on tv in Cane but I think I'll miss it because I'll be at school - dang!! Wish I could figure out how to use that DVD recorder thing!!@

soapyCJ
9.25.07, 8:52 PM
Hey did you know today is our 36th wedding anniversary? I have to get the old boy a card today. We went to a dinner theater last Saturday but all during it, dh and Marsh kept checking the Badger score on their phones!!!

Well, I'd better take a shower and meet the "anniversary boy" at the Deerfield Diner where we've had lunch almost every day since 1997 - are we in a rut or

Have a good day and I will try to come here once a day to see what's going on.

love,
Ms. X :anon2d:(formerly known as eldri)

Happy Anniversary to you and Steve. Wish you many more. Our 34th was last week and we took a day trip up to the mountains. It was very nice and cool.

Take care. CJ

EZLoving
9.26.07, 11:33 AM
Thanks CJ! Happy anniversary to you too. When I got home from my meeting there were a dozen gorgeous red roses for me.
love,
eldri

Lola Beedow
10.14.07, 1:37 PM
I just grabbed the big old watering can and hauled it over to the computer to put the "fire" out!

Congratulations to those who have celebrated their anniversaries; it's refreshing to hear of marriages that last.

I am watching Survivor in a half-hearted way. I missed it last week, I'm going to have to check online who got booted out. I always hope that Survivor picks up once the tribes merge.

I watched Big Brother this summer and (running and ducking) I was rooting for Evil Dick to win, and he did! I loved watching his antics and listening to his tirades -- I thought it made for great TV.

I like CSI and CSI NY but I don't watch CSI Miami because I don't care for David Caruso.

I watch Dog The Bounty Hunter and Intervention on A&E.

I like the show Little People, Big World on TLC, too.

And of course, my TV boyfriend's show is back...HOUSE!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/evamarie/119238250485474.gif

Snicks
10.25.07, 1:12 PM
Shows? How about the show that goes on at my house everyday? LOL ;) Just kidding! Hey, you know what they say about crying wolf! I was fully dressed in firewoman attire when I ran in here! ;)
Seriously, I watch very little reg. TV. Anybody care to bore themselves by telling me WHO is on dancing with the stars this season? LOL