PDA

View Full Version : Ok . . . Who's Baby Is This?

KneadsToKnow
9.17.07, 8:59 AM
I got to wondering about Gwen's new baby after I finally watched the final NBC epi. the other night. She claims it is Ethan's and hers. Now how did this happen? My suspicion is that there was one last final fertilized egg remaining, frozen for eternity just in case . . . and Gwen found another surrogate who brought this baby into the world for her. I can't think of any other way that this could be his child with her.

Today should prove interesting and I can't wait to see the show today. Of course the way that sls stretch out for months I am not holding my breath for a quick answer.

Anyone else have any theories about this new "son"?

Kneads
Jo

SarahBeth
9.17.07, 9:42 AM
I don't believe it's Ethans at all. I think she adopted. Although it's completely far fetched and wouldn't happen in real life I could see it. As obsessed as Gwen is with Ethan she would have ran back home and screamed from the mountain tops that she was preggers with Ethans baby. We saw her use a baby before to try and keep Ethan and she'll do it again.

KneadsToKnow
9.17.07, 3:17 PM
Possible that she is lying. A DNA test would nip that in the bud. You know Theresa will insist on it. Not that DNA test results in Harmony are always honest.

dolphin711
9.17.07, 6:30 PM
I think this baby is actually Gwen's with Ethan. It was explained on today's eppy as well as could be in a short amount of time.

SarahBeth
9.17.07, 8:20 PM
I don't know Ann the explanation was pretty weak to me in the timing deptartment. Yet remember those scenes when Gwen thought she had the flu. That could have been morning sickness. I just think that no low down dirty trick is beyond Gwen. I think it's also just as possible that Gwen did intend on moving on and had begun the adoption process. But when she saw Ethan with Theresa again she couldn't loose to her and it all began again.

As much as I don't like this sl I think an interesting twist would be Ethan overdoing the spending time with baby and Gwen and start to waffle again on who he wants to be with due to being unforgiving toward Theresa for not telling him about LE. Then as he begins to leave Theresa and try again with Gwen.... Enter the biological mother to contest the adoption and get the baby back.

SarahBeth
9.17.07, 8:24 PM
Another thing about the explanation that doesn't jive is this.. (I posted this on the other boards)

He has known that Theresa has had a secret for much longer than it takes to have a baby. Yet the nimrod thinks it's Gwens baby that T was talking about and that was her secret. Oh and Gwen stands there and says she didn't tell anyone and that would include Theresa. Man Ethan is dumb.

KneadsToKnow
9.18.07, 8:12 AM
How did Ethan pass the Bar exam is what I want to know! I KNEAD to know. LOL.

These next few weeks should prove interesting...

Jo

SarahBeth
9.18.07, 10:16 AM
You know back then Al thought he was his grandson so maybe Al paid all the professors and someone at the BAR exam off. I don't know. It's almost comical how he is book smart yet he's the dumbest of dumbazzes in the life skills department.

KneadsToKnow
9.20.07, 7:52 AM
You know back then Al thought he was his grandson so maybe Al paid all the professors and someone at the BAR exam off. I don't know. It's almost comical how he is book smart yet he's the dumbest of dumbazzes in the life skills department.
:rolleyes: I thought that yesterday's show was the kicker to show JUST how much in denial or how dumb he is... when he finally agreed that the baby looked just like Little Ethan when he was that age. It still is not getting to him.. I can't believe that anyone would be that "out of it".

Perhaps those strawberries gave him an increased dose of dumb?
I will be out of town for today's show, so have it Tivoed, and can't wait to see if the light bulbs finally pop. But I have to think that the strawberries are the culprit. Laughing so hard here.

Jo
Kneads

SarahBeth
9.25.07, 8:26 PM
So today both Ethan and his nurse look at the baby and say something isn't right and what does Gwen do? She brushes them off. Uh excuse me but when the daddy and the nurse look at the baby with concerned looks on their faces and say something isn't right then it is time to take baby to the dr. Gwen has zero maternal instincts. This just might not be her baby.

KneadsToKnow
9.26.07, 7:57 AM
From yesterday's episode, two things alarm me. Could be that this baby is terminally ill, and that while it may be Gwen's and Ethan's, that Gwen is too worried that the baby is too sick and may die. That would leave her without any chance of reuniting with Ethan. Why she would want to do that though, is beyond my wildest dreams. Since Little Ethan has gone missing, kidnapped by Allister, that would cement Ethan and Theresa one would think.

The way that Gwen was "rocking" that baby was insane. She never stopped for a moment. Poor kid might be seasick by now.

She claims to have DNA proof, and invited T to check the results with her lab. So I do think that this baby is G and E's offspring.

I guess fear of losing Ethan trumps maternal instinct.

Jo
Kneads

SarahBeth
9.26.07, 9:44 AM
Hey I prefer alien baby, clone baby, stolen baby, devil baby, just anything other than Egag baby. So what if she had paperwork saying Ethan and her are the parents. That can be rigged and she had plenty of time to set this up. Now what would be funny is if she had a surrogate but her rotten eggs couldn't be used. So Ethan is the daddy but she isn't the mommy. I could see ET do a paternity test and establish Ethan as the pops but fail to do one on Gwen. Proving Gwen to not be the mommy could serve to have Ethan get custody.

KneadsToKnow
9.28.07, 7:58 AM
Gwen offered to let Theressa do her own DNA test. Either she is stalling or calling her bluff, but if she is sincere in her offer, Theressa would make sure that the DNA test would be done ( hopefully) by a lab of her choice.

Of course, with Allister in the mix, he could rig those results, and speculating here, even if it is Gwen's baby with Ethan, he could have the results changed to make sure that Gwen is NOT the natural mom.

I still think that Gwen had one last zygote stored JUST in case, from the original serogate that Theressa knocked out and locked in the closet, so she may have gotten a new serogate to produce this baby.

But it appears that the baby is very sick anyway, so this should be interesting. Of course it will take months for us to know what the deal is anyway.

LOL

Jo